Inspiring Reflections on Entrepreneurship
Inspiring Reflections on Entrepreneurship: Here you will find many reflections on issues of importance to founders. These reflections come from my long entrepreneurial and MBA teaching experience, together with contemporary business startup issues. They cover things that may confront you on your own entrepreneurial journey and that are not likely to be in any textbook, or source of advice for entrepreneurs.
When you are yourself, pausing for breath in your 25-hour day, they may provide a starting point for something that you’d not thought about, or give you an alternative view of something with which you have been struggling.
I know that in my early days of entrepreneurship, I valued such ideas. I often lent on the ideas of people whom I respected. One, for example, was Sven Atterhed, the founder of a Swedish outfit called the Foresight Group, where he’s still chairman. For instance, he invited me and my co-founder to a conference on ‘intuitive leadership’. The ideas we played with at the conference had a strong impact on the culture of the firm we built. Happily Sven is still a good friend to this day, 35 years later.
Delve into this section of the Venture Founders website and you might find a surprising inspiration lurking there.
Current List of Reflections
This is a list of my reflections on the entrepreneurial journey. I invite you read those that catch your attention, reflect yourself and please feel free to comment on them or share your thoughts with me.
- Entrepreneurial Altruism Save One Starfish
- Startup Purpose Benefit All Stakeholders
- Strategy and Interdependence Critical for the Startup
- Startup Consciously Brainstorm Beyond Business
- Purpose Driven Startups Challenge Accepted Wisdom
- Startup to Flourish Relational Plans Make Business Plans Work
- Benefit Entrepreneur Avoid Greed, Hatred and Delusion
- Startup Spirit Two Fictionalized Entrepreneurship Stories
- Co-opetition Benefits for Partners and Customers
- Sailing to Startup Success Keep Your New Venture Balanced
- Being an Entrepreneur 10 Reflections on What It Takes
- Buddhist Economics All People Matter
- Startups Change the World Activism in business is moving the dial
- Entrepreneurial Mindfulness Being—Striving—Thriving
- Purpose Driven Startup Coherence Lesson from ‘Big Pharma’
- Surprising Countries for Entrepreneurs Costa Rica and Botswana
- Systemic Social Enterprise Awareness of Interdependence Leads to Social Change
- Startup Citizenship Work with Humanity
- Entrepreneurs Are Builders Putting Things Together
- Small Entrepreneurs Have Global Impact Public/private partnerships are enablers
- Stakeholder Business Thrives Tripartite Thought and Action Works
- Perception, Purpose and Persistence A model for purpose-driven startups
- Purpose of the Venture Not What is the Business, but Why is the Business?
- New Business Normal Ventures Will Mutate
- Remaking Capitalism Stakeholder, Not Shareholder Primacy
- Balanced Entrepreneurs Succeed Being While Doing
- Connection, Trust, and Love The Difference Between Espoused Values and Deep Emotion
- Founders—Pause for Breath! Effective Founders Take Time to Breathe Consciously
- Mindful Work Many Positive Consequences Arise from Meditation, Especially for Entrepreneurs
- Airline Share Buybacks Disrespect for the Community
- Company and Community Wise enterprises invest in their communities
- Inequality Immorality Entrepreneurs Subvert the Trend
- Re-Startup Founders of New Ventures in the Loop Economy
- Opportunity Gap Business founders need people with curiosity and concern for the world
- Founder Team Balance Avoid Gender Stereotypes
- Behaviors of Successful Founders Essence of What it Takes to Be the Founder of a New Venture
- Movement for Business Purpose Entrepreneurs Impact Multinationals
- First-class Noticers Founders Are Good at Noticing What Others Miss
- Founders and Abundance Profitability is Necessary but Not Sufficient