Inspiring Reflections on Entrepreneurship
Inspiring Reflections on Entrepreneurship: Here you will find many reflections on issues of importance to founders. These reflections come from my long entrepreneurial and MBA teaching experience, together with contemporary business startup issues. They cover things that may confront you on your own entrepreneurial journey and that are not likely to be in any textbook, or source of advice for entrepreneurs.
When you are yourself, pausing for breath in your 25-hour day, they may provide a starting point for something that you’d not thought about, or give you an alternative view of something with which you have been struggling.
I know that in my early days of entrepreneurship, I valued such ideas. I often lent on the ideas of people whom I respected. One, for example, was Sven Atterhed, the founder of a Swedish outfit called the Foresight Group, where he’s still chairman. For instance, he invited me and my co-founder to a conference on ‘intuitive leadership’. The ideas we played with at the conference had a strong impact on the culture of the firm we built. Happily Sven is still a good friend to this day, 35 years later.
Delve into this section of the Venture Founders website and you might find a surprising inspiration lurking there.
Current List of Reflections
This is a list of my reflections on the entrepreneurial journey. I invite you read those that catch your attention, reflect yourself and please feel free to comment on them or share your thoughts with me.
- Inequality Immorality Entrepreneurs Subvert the Trend
- Re-Startup Founders of New Ventures in the Loop Economy
- Opportunity Gap Business founders need people with curiosity and concern for the world
- Founder Team Balance Avoid Gender Stereotypes
- Behaviors of Successful Founders Essence of What it Takes to Be the Founder of a New Venture
- Movement for Business Purpose Entrepreneurs Impact Multinationals
- Founders—Pause for Breath! Effective Founders Take Time to Breathe Consciously
- Systemic Social Enterprise Awareness of Interdependence Leads to Social Change
- First-class Noticers Founders Are Good at Noticing What Others Miss
- Purpose of the Venture Not What is the Business, but Why is the Business?
- Founders and Abundance Profitability is Necessary but Not Sufficient
- Connection, Trust, and Love The Difference Between Espoused Values and Deep Emotion
- Mindful Work Many Positive Consequences Arise from Meditation, Especially for Entrepreneurs
- Beneficial Values Avoid Greed, Hatred and Delusion
- Being an Entrepreneur 10 Reflections on What It Takes
- Buddhist Economics Economics as if People Mattered
- Entrepreneurs Change the World Changing